In every year since 2015, Blake was named a Mid-South Rising Star by Super Lawyers in the area of Health Care law.
Blake’s practice area includes all types of civil litigation, with a focus on:
- Medical malpractice defense
- Peer review / medical staff credentialing
- State licensure issues
- Defense of complex litigation involving healthcare-related claims
- False Claims Act investigations / suits
- Insurance payment disputes
- Class actions involving shareholder derivative actions
- Civil rights claims arising out of medical staff credentialing and peer review
- Local counsel in federal court litigation or complex litigation in Tennessee
In addition to defense cases, Blake has also worked on cases for plaintiffs outside of the healthcare field. Representative samples include wrongful death cases, traditional personal injury cases, and business disputes (such as contract issues and wrongful foreclosures).
Given his litigation experience, Blake also works with select clients on operations work, helping advise them on appropriate steps to avoid future risks in litigation.
Blake has written on the impact of technology in the healthcare sector and has taken the lead on electronic medical record production, organization, and management in several mass tort and class action cases. Blake is licensed in Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida, and the District of Columbia. He is admitted to practice in most federal courts located in the states where he is licensed.
In his spare time, Blake enjoys spending time with his daughters, Eleanor and Sutton; his son, J.B.; and his wife, Stefanie, who is also a lawyer. Blake also enjoys golf.
- General Litigation / Business Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Government Investigations / False Claims Act
- Operations Work
- Licensing / Credentialing Issues
- Vanderbilt University, B.S., Human and Organizational Development, 2008
- Vanderbilt Law School, J.D., 2011
- District of Columbia
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- Tennessee Bar Association, 2013 – present