- Medical and Hospital Malpractice Litigation
- Peer Review and Credentialing Proceedings
- Health Care Administrative Litigation
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Administrative Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Duke University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1975
- Vanderbilt university, J.D., 1978
- Tennessee, 1978
- Tennessee Supreme Court, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 1978
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- U.S. Claims Court, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2008
- Florida, 2011
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
C.J. Gideon, Jr.
C.J. has been representing health care providers in professional negligence matters, peer review matters, and other litigation for 36 years, since his graduation from the Vanderbilt University School of Law in 1978. He has litigated cases for health care providers in virtually every arena, from administrative tribunals to state and federal courts, and has tried nearly 200 cases to conclusion. Mr. Gideon regularly represents health care companies, hospitals, and physicians in Tennessee and other states in professional liability actions. He also regularly represents hospitals and physicians in peer review matters, in Tennessee, Florida, and in other states. Numerous publications have recognized Mr. Gideon for achievements in his field, including Best Lawyers in America, SuperLawyers, Tennessee Business Journal, and Chambers USA.
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America (Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants), 1991-present
- Best Lawyers in Nashville, Nashville Post January, 2003
- Top 150 Lawyers in Tennessee, Tennessee Business January 2010-2011
- Super Lawyers, Mid-South, 2007-present
- Leaders in Their Field/Leading Individual/Tier 1 Rating (Litigation, Medical Malpractice Defense, Tennessee), Chambers USA 2010-present
- "Universally held to be an outstanding medical malpractice defense lawyer", Chambers USA 2014"
- In Charge Decision Maker - Legal, Nashville Post 2010-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV preeminent rating
- Martindale-Hubbell AV pre-eminent rating, Florida
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year, Nashville Best Lawyers 2011-present
- Nashville's 101 Top Lawyers, Nashville Post 2011
- Best of the Bar, Nashville Business Journal 2011, 2012
- Jacksonville's Top Lawyers, 904 The Magazine, 2012.
- Top Rated Lawyer in Health Care, American Lawyer Media, 2013
- Top Rated Lawyer in 'Insurance Law', The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel, 2013
- Top Rated Lawyers in Litigation, ALM Legal Leaders, 2014
- Best of the Bar, Nashville Business Journal, 2016; 2017
- Medical Malpractice Defense-Tennessee- Band 1, Chambers USA 2018;2019.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 1978). Adjunct Faculty, Vanderbilt University Law School Trial Advocacy from 1998 to 2009.
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court